Sunday, November 7, 2010

Movie: Splice (2009)

7/10
Directed by: Vincenzo Natali (Cube)
Starring: Adrien Brody
Sarah Polley

A movie about two geneticists who in an attempt to save their research "splice" a creature with human DNA. The movie follows the development of the relationship the scientist couple have with the rapidly aging intelligent creature. And while it is a little slow at times, there is just enough drama to keep one watching. Above all else the movie has a sense of dread that lurks in the background. One can almost predict how events are going to turn out (I was kinda surprised). The last twenty minutes or so kinda shifted away from the creepy and seemed to try more for the horror genre, but the rest of the movie, and the ending made up for that.

The film touches a bit on the morals of the actions the characters take, but I would have liked to see a little more development. It seemed that the characters slowly shifted personalities over the course of the film. I was really crept out by the creature, and that does not usually happen.

Overall I would recomend this movie to, well anyone that enjoys watching movies. I am glad I did not pay to see it in theaters, but I do not regret watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment